The Government of Pakistan launched Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme on 10 October 2018. This scheme aims to build 5 million homes.
These houses will be given to those who live in rented homes or cannot afford a home of their own. It is also known as the prime Ministers’ Housing Scheme or Imran Khan Housing Scheme.
This scheme is intended to help people with fixed incomes or middle-class backgrounds.
The goal of the Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme
While launching the scheme, the Prime Minister of Pakistan said that “The plan is to transform the country’s slums in towering high-rises using a revolutionary new Chinese mechanism.”
He also stated that about 40% of Karachi’s inhabitants live in Katchi basis. He is confident that the country and foreign investments will allow them to transform the slums into tall buildings in a very short time.
The collaboration between the government and private sector led to this scheme. The government will act as a facilitator and is eager to provide land for construction as well as to eliminate all the possible hurdles in the NPHP.
The Pakistani government has welcomed foreign investors and other countries’ interest in the program. A Chinese company, for example, is ready to build 2 million homes under NPHP.
Egyptian businessman Naguib Sawiris is also interested in 100,000 units in this scheme.
It is a good thing that the Chinese government has made it mandatory for investors and Chinese companies to use only locally produced raw materials. This will also lead to an increase in economic progress.
It is also important to know about the other programs of the Government of Pakistan that has been initiated for better growth of Pakistan.
Loan Plan for Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme
The banks will offer subsidized loans to the housing units in accordance with the vision of the government of Pakistan.
State Bank of Pakistanis an administrative assistant to the government of Pakistan and Naya Pakistan Housing and Development Authority (NPHPDA), for the provision of loans,
For a period of 10 years, the government of Pakistan has provided 33 billion to build houses in this scheme. All banks will have access to the loan facility.
Three categories will be used for the Naya Pakistan Housing Project houses.
- The labor class
- Lower middle class
- Middle class
The loan amount has been divided by the State Bank of Pakistan into three types based on the number of housing units. These are the categories:
Category 1 (Labour Class)
According to the NADA, for the construction of 5 Marla (up to 125 square yards area), housing units/flats/apartments with a total covered area of 850 square feet.
The State Bank’s maximum price and the loan amount will be 3.5million and 2.7million, respectively. This amount can be paid off in 20 years with a markup of 5% for the first five years and 7% for the following five years.
Category 2 (Lower middle class)
This category will facilitate those who were unable to apply for NADA. The maximum size of the housing units/apartments/flats in this category will be 5 Marla (up to 125 square yards area) with a total covered area of 850 square feet and the maximum price will be 3.5 million.
A loan of 3.0million will be granted, which can be repaid in 20 years. The markup rate for the second category will be the same.
Category 3 (Middle Class)
This category of loan is for the construction or purchasing of housing units/flats/apartments above 5 Marla up to 10 Marla (250 square yards) with a total covered area of 850-1100 square feet.
The maximum price for the house and maximum loan amount is 6.0 million.
As a down payment, the applicant must pay 20% for Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme. The remaining 80% will come from banks as a loan. A 10% markup will be charged to those who are selected to receive the actual amount.
Housing Scheme for Naya Pakistan’s Target Cities
The scheme will build houses in both major and small-developing areas of Pakistan. The scheme was initially for7 Major Cities in Pakistan and gradually expanded to other cities.
Currently, Naya PakistanHousing Scheme operates in more than 10 cities of Pakistan. These cities are included in the Naya Pakistan Housing Program:
- Rahim Yar Khan
- Dera Ghazi Khan
Capital Development Authority (CDA) has issued approval for seven acres of land for NPHP in Mauve Area, Islamabad. Lahore is also seeing rapid growth of the Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme.
Who is eligible to apply for Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme
This Housing Scheme is designed to help different sections of society. The Government has therefore provided an estimate of the monthly income for people who are eligible to apply for the scheme. Below is the range.
- Less Than PKR 20,000
- Between PHPR 20,001 and PPKR 40,000
- Between PHPR 40,001 to 60,000
- Prices between PKR 60.001 and PKR 100,000.
- More Than PKR 100,000
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme
These are the eligibility criteria:
The applicant must be a Pakistani citizen.
Men and women with valid CNICs can apply for the NPHPOnly one member of a family can be eligible.
An applicant will need to pay a registration fee of PKR 250Along with the form.
- Individuals who have a monthly income between Rs 10,000 and 25,000Prioritization will be given.
- People who are purchasing or building a home for the first time will be preferred.
- Only one applicant may apply for the subsidized loan facility under NPHP.
For the application to the NPHP, you will need documents
- Two photos (passport size).
- Copy of CNIC for the applicant
- Register fee of PKR 250
Completely fill out the registration form
How to register/apply for Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme
The application process for NPHP is easy enough that anyone can fill it. Two ways are available to register for the Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme.
- Register Online
- Register through NADRA E-Sahulat
- The following is a detailed description of each of the above methods:
- Register Online
- Open the official website of the Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme (Click on the link to have easy access to the site).
- Sign up now for PHP.
- Complete the registration form. These details include your name, CNIC number, and contact number as well as your current address.
- Also, a detail of your gross monthly income is required.
- Housing Scheme applicants can choose the district or tehsil/union where they want to build their house.
- The individual will then select an installment plan to repay the loan. Pay a registration fee in the amount of PKR 250.
- The registration fee can be paid by E-Sahulat Centre or EasyPaisa. JazzCash and credit/ debit cards.
- Register through NADRA E-Sahulat Center
- This is not an online method. Below is the process:
- First, go to the official website of the Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme and download the registration form.
- Please fill out the form with accurate information, such as your name and CNIC number, contact number and address, monthly income, and so forth.
- To submit the registration form at E-Sahulat Centre to the registration officer, please visit your nearest NADRA E-Sahulat Centre.
- Send the registration fee of PKR250 along with the form. The recipient will be notified of successful submission.
- The registration process will take no more than 30 days after it is submitted successfully.